Sunday, November 29, 2009

JESUS IS ALL YOU NEED!

HIS PEACE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! - ISAIAH 9:1-7

One of the names of Jesus in scripture is THE PRINCE OF PEACE.  The word peace here means "Ruler of Complete Contentment - Health, Wealth & Prosperity"

As you go into this holiday season, you may feel like there is a missing piece and that there is a peace missing from your life.  You may face troubled times but it doesn't mean you need to have a troubled mind!  Jesus has come to be the missing PEACE in your life.

Here is how you can have Peace of Mind in Troubled Times:
  1. Do Not be Anxious about Anything! Philippians 4:6a
The word ANXIOUS means, "Troubled with cares"We live in a society full of anxiety but as believers we need to allow the peace of God to rule our hearts and minds!
  1. Pray about Everything! Philippians 4:6b
We are encouraged by the Word of God not to be in a Hurry to Worry but rather to Pray Without DelayWhen we do, the results will be The Peace of God which will 'guard' your heart - Philippians 4:7The word 'guard' here means 'to protect from a hostile invasion' and 'keep the inhabitants from flight'.
Today the Prince of Peace wants to Rule Your Heart & Mind.  Will you find your missing Peace in Jesus today?

CHALLENGE: Ask God for peace like you've never known before!  Then, pray with thanksgiving for that peace.


Please log your comments on how this week's message has been a blessing to you! Simply click on the comments link immediately below this week's blog. Any comments already submitted will appear and you can comment below them.
(All comments are reviewed before publishing.)

NOTE:
The Blogger Navbar includes a button called "Share." When blog readers visit the 'HWC Sunday Message' blog, they can click "Share" to post the blog's URL to Twitter, Facebook, or Google Reader. If they navigate directly to an individual blog post, clicking "Share" in the navbar also lets them share the post by email. Once you have left your comment, please share this post on Facebook. This will allow many others the opportunity to visit the 'HWC Sunday Message' blog and be blessed by the message.
You can also subscribe to the blog with RSS feeds.  CLICK HERE to subscribe to HWC Sunday Messages with RSS.


Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. Wow what a service you sure do miss a lot if you miss a service. The demostration with the puzzle was awesome and JESUS is all you need he is the missing peace and pray without delay. I feel bad for anyone who misses a service because there is no better place i;d rather be than HWC. We have the greatest pastors in pastor Kevin and pastor Pam thank you pastors for all your great sermons it is life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful message, Ruler of complete contenment,complete contenment = peace. To have Jesus is to have his peace, another great challenge. I need his peace in my life every hour of every day of this week, in my home, on the job, on the way to the Job. God richly Bless you Pastors as you continue to allow God to use you to deliver his message in season, may his word produce a hundred fold in our lives. Have a Blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fear is always around us, news, movies, tv shows even those around us. I love pastor Pam's message on Sunday. It helps us with the real things we deal with in our lives. Not to say that we ignore things around us, however we should not worry in a hurry. We need to pray things through with Jesus our peace. If you are going through a difficult time, I encourage you to call on Jesus and I promise that you will find your peace just as I have found mine in Jesus. Thank you pastor Kevin and Pam again for a powerful message that helps me in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Word of God really does have ALL THE ANSWERS! The scriptures that were given this Sunday were perfect to bring understanding to how to deal with anxiety you may currently be facing as well as future anxiety attacks.

    Pastor Pam was able to bring practical application of the Word to a very serious issue of a society perplexed with anxiety! Peace really is missing in many people's lives. I am reminded of a quote that says, "No Jesus, No Peace - Know Jesus, Know Peace!" When you come to know THE Truth, you will have peace to take with you wherever you go... enough peace to share with everyone you meet!

    Peace on earth, good will towards men, in this and every season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was challenged again in Pastor's "unpacking" of the Word. I get troubled with many thoughts and scenarios of how situations in my life could play out. I do not understand how I would cope with all the uncertainty in the world if I did not have Jesus' peace in my life. What I focus on is exactly what I receive. I love Pastor Pam's quote "You may face troubled times but it doesn't mean you must have a troubled mind". So very, very true!! God, I thank you now for bringing me to this church and the wonderful, authentic, FUN relationships here. I thank you for these two, very special people we call Pastor's and their walking out of your word daily as an example for me. Reminds me of the statement "follow me as I follow Christ". Merry Christmas everybody!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great message this Sunday! Jesus IS the Prince of peace.I sometimes let the craziness of life overtake me so much that I start to worry and stress. These are the times I should pray without delay! Thank you Jesus for who you are... my peace in times of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Powerful message this Sunday!!! God has so many things for us and as His words say...His plans are to prosper us and to give us a future...Thank-you God for your never ending Grace - Powerful message preached by Pastor Pam - www.hwc.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. All we have to do is look around and see that the world is searching for peace, real peace. Jesus came to give us that peace that passeth all understanding. As Pastor Pam said, even in troubled times, we don't have to have a troubled mind. The peace of God guards our hearts and minds and keeps us secure in the midst of turmoil. So friends, don't be in a hurry to worry instead pray without delay! Father God has prepared a way and He will bring us through. Remember, we have the victory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great practical word. Do not be anxious. Keep your peace in Jesus. We need to pray when we feel like complaining. It will accomplish much more in our lives. Thanks again Pastors.

    ReplyDelete