Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday, May 3rd, 2009 Message

The second message in this series on Thankfulness was mind-blowing!!!! Society is filled with anxiety. We keep asking God to remove the distraction that causes anxiety but He wants us to function in the midst of the distraction. We need to recognize that our dependence is in Him. We have an anointing from the Holy One. It is a gift from God that empowers us through the distraction to the victory! We learned that contentment doesn't come naturally, but that Paul says he 'learned' how to be content. It is our choice, God has already chosen. Maybe we have lost our peace because we are unthankful! No one can steal our peace, we give it up by choice whether we know it or not! We were taught to dream big, stay at peace and expect the victory!Miss a service... add your comments by posting below!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What a Powerful Challenge today!
    Contentment & Christ's Strength walk hand in hand! Powerful!
    To think that we could be cancelling out our own prayers by complaining about the very thing that we are asking God to help us with! WOW!
    This is not going to be easy, but whatever it takes to become more like Jesus and less like me! Walking in VICTORY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's word was extremely powerful. What really spoke to me was the word about anxiousness. This past weekend I've been guilty of feeling anxious and stress about some challenges that I've been facing. However today I was reminded to rejoice in the Lord always! and to be at peace. This week my goal is to refrain from complaining and give thanks unto God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how our Pastors are encouraging and challenging us to be better. We need to be the change this world needs. God is always perfecting us...but only if we allow him to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lot to be thankful about. When I think about the finished work of Jesus Christ - that there is nothing I could have done earn righteousness, mercy, or grace....that Jesus paid it all = I'm am truly blessed. Thank you Father!!!

    I really then have nothing to complain about...

    ReplyDelete