Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday, May 10th, 2009 Message

Today was Mother's Day at HWC. The house was packed and our mothers got to experience our appreciation towards them in many great ways like song specials, poems and a special presentation from the kids. The international buffet featuring foods from around the world was once again a great hit! Then, we had our very own version of 'Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?' with the host being none other than Pastor Kevin Begley. The contestant, Kenneth Dunkley, answered all three questions accurately and won $1,000,000 HWC dollars! The topic of the questions - you guessed it - Thankfulness. Saving the best for last, Pastors Kevin and Pam tag-teamed to preach the third message in a series on being thankful. We were challenged to see if we were thankful in 10 specific areas: Our job, our home, our car, our health, our spouse, our church, our pastors, our family, our bank account and our life as a whole. The secret to being thankful was shared as always remembering to 'count our blessings'. We reviewed Psalm 103:2 which says, "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits." The rest of the Psalm describes those benefits. I highly recommend reading them for yourself. You won't want to miss Life Group this week!

7 comments:

  1. We have some of the most incredible mothers and single mothers at HWC!!! What an awesome Mother's Day brunch yesterday. International Buffet, Entertainment, and the Awesome and wonderful mothers that attended..... Result..... Priceless Experience! There's NO place I'd rather be than HWC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwayne B PorteousMay 11, 2009 at 9:26 PM

    what an awesome service ! the highlight was the people at the altar, people were truly changed i could see it in there faces. that is what it is all about

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome service as we celebrated Mother's Day and the Lord's Day in church. As a first time mother, I felt appreciated and was reminded during the preaching of the Word, of how important it is for me to be thankful and to count my blessings always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome service as we celebrated Mother's Day and the Lord's Day in church. As a first time mother, I felt appreciated and was reminded during the preaching of the Word, of how important it is for me to be thankful and to count my blessings always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Mother's Day was special for me in more ways than one. First of all, I got to be at HWC-God's very own house! And I was here with my children spending our very first Mother's Day at HWC. The brunch and the service were the best. Our Pastors' message of thanking God in every situation will remain with me forever. I'm now enjoying every moment of my life that I live in thanksgiving. I can see that ever since I've started to praise, thank and honour Jesus in the midst of a challenge, I get the wisdom and strength to deal with it. Then, the 'challenging situation' just seem to disappear. I end up asking myself: so what was the 'challenge' again? I thank our Pastors for teaching me to thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mothers day brunch. it's a great oppertunity to get to know people at harvest you might not get a chance to talk to all the time. I was blessed to sit with Vicki and Allan, and it was nice to find out about each other. I'm so thanful for a church that cares about people. It was great to see so many mothers being blessed. What we have been talking about in church on Sundays has changed my life! I watch my words and hardly ever complain, I relise that I have so much to be thankful for I don't need to complain and have a pity party every time something goes wrong! As a manager how I react to situations is important. My staff have notice a big change in attitude in me and are happier because I'm not stressing. I have told them about what we are learning and they keep me accountable.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mothers day was a great service! Ilove being part of a church that loves and appreciates people. Learning not to complain and to live with an attitude of gratitude has totaly changed my life and how I look at situations. I relised that I don't need to complain and have a pity party every time something goes wrong. As a manager how I react to situations is very important. my staff have noticed a change in me and I have shared with them what we are learning. They are happier when I'm not stressed! They are keeping me accountable:) lol

    ReplyDelete